Rehab Beyond Cancer is a specialist physiotherapy service with the aim of improving the quality of life of people who are living with or beyond cancer by providing the expertise to enable them to perform work and/or former physical interests and hobbies at their individual optimum level.
Due to the impact of Covid 19, and in compliance with advice from both the Government and our Governing Bodies; I am currently carrying out video consultations as my first line assessment and management of your cancer-related physio problems.
You can book a 60-minute virtual consultation using Rehab My Patient for just £35. The cost has been significantly reduced from £55/hour to account for less overheads whilst not compromising the quality of the consultation and the outcome of your treatment.
Benefits of having an online consultation
- It allows me to take a clear history and discuss your injury/problem with you face-to face without you needing to leave the comfort of your home
- I can discuss your problems and go through a thorough clinical examination helping to make an accurate diagnosis
- I can demonstrate and practice exercises together to ensure that you are up to speed and confident in undertaking your rehabilitation the best way possible. A tailored exercise programmes can then be sent to you via email
- I can show you (plus one) how to self-massage or stretch out a stiff joint
- Video consultations have been around for years, there is good evidence for their effectiveness and patient satisfaction
- Rehab My Patient is free, simple to download and easy to use
- You can use either your PC, tablet, laptop, or phone
- I will have a chat over the phone or email prior to the consultation being booked so that you know what to expect. I will discuss the format of the consultation and you will be given advice on where to best locate your IT equipment, what to wear and any equipment for testing strength e.g. a can of beans!
- You will receive email confirmation clarifying the information discussed on phone/email and the link to Rehab My Patient
- We can have a practice chat using the Rehab My Patient telehealth platform to help you feel more comfortable with it. Failing this we can choose a platform of your choice eg Zoom, Facetime etc
Please give me a call and we can chat through your cancer-related problems; I can let you know how I can help.
A specialised physiotherapy service
Before starting Rehab Beyond Cancer, Lynn worked for 15 years as a specialist physiotherapist treating both in-patients and out-patients who were receiving treatment for cancer at the Institute of Oncology in Leeds. During this time, it became evident that despite reaching the end of their treatment, patients were struggling with work and/or their particular hobbies and interests. The obvious gap in the support provided at that particular time, along with her empathy and passion, has led Lynn to create Rehab Beyond Cancer.
Using the expertise and contacts developed over her time in oncology, Lynn aims to increase the quality of life for people affected by cancer. This support to obtain or maintain the persons optimum level of functional can be provided at any point along the patients’ cancer pathway, from diagnosis to discharge.
“Lots of people find the period following active cancer treatment tough and face challenges transitioning back to their everyday lives especially knowing what to expect or what might be their new normal. They need the support and guidance to help take back some control, to help improve their physical and emotional strength, and to help improve their sense of wellbeing to help to get on with living”Lynn de Dombal
Chartered Physiotherapist BSc (Hons) MCSP, HCPC
I Have a future now!
“Lynn gave me my future back. I’ve had cancer twice and been left with various problems. Nothing is too difficult/insignificant for Lynn to help with. Her perception and understanding is so great, I had to check with her that she herself had not had cancer. She really is amazing.
She has no set agenda so you are in the driving seat and you drive at your rate. Do yourself a favour and give Lynn a ring. Unlock your potential and live life more fully.”
How can we help you?
There is lots of evidence now demonstrating that cancer rehabilitation and exercise can reduce side effects of the disease and debilitating cancer treatments, and can improve functional ability, quality of life and, ultimately, survival.
We aim to increase the quality of life for those affected by cancer who still feel they have not reached their optimum level of functional activity. This treatment can occur either before (Prehab), during or after their medical treatment.
Evidence shows that the sooner rehabilitation is commenced the more effective the physical, psychological and social outcome.
Lack of cancer rehabilitation is likely to affect some aspect of the cancer patients ability to work, their families, their physical, emotional and social wellbeing and their long-term health.
Our focus is on your individual needs i.e, finding out what matters to you, treating you as a whole person (not just the area affected) and doing this in a safe and caring environment.
Our personalised service offers:
- Specialist Physiotherapy assessment and treatment in a one-to-one session
- A holistic approach that uses sign-posting to other qualified experts to ensure all aspects of your wellbeing are included
- Assist return to work with evidence based report provision
- Personalised to your own journey and ongoing needs
- Help you to integrate the most beneficial exercise into your life that is specific to your individualised goals
- Flexible location dependent on individual requirements
- Cost variable as signposting can be through both NHS and private sources. Accept health insurance cover
- No waiting lists
What should you hope to achieve?
Through our expert guidance we would expect you to achieve most of the following:
- Improved strength and mobility
- Improved energy levels
- Feel informed and supported to better manage expectations and equip you for coping with your new normal
- Reclaim body confidence and control
- Improve stamina and fitness and help you integrate regular exercise into your life
- Help to reduce stress and allow you to relax, learn to live
- Assistance in both the physical and emotional return to work for both you and your employer.